When: Sunday, February 17, 2019
Where: Five Pines 6597 Smith Rd. Berrien Center, MI 49102
- No limit to # in a team
- Open to all ages
- Costumes and themes are encouraged
- Anyone who is racing in the sled must have full name on form
- Winners in different categories; "Best Decorated", "Most spirited Team", "Farthest down the hill" and "fastest down the hill". Trophies will be awarded at end of event.
- Onlookers may sled for half price that day
- All proceeds go to Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
Build your own sled out of corrugated cardboard. Only materials you can use are cardboard and either hot glue or duct tape. Sled cannot be completely covered in either adhesive. Sleds can be decorated, painted just no sharp objects.
Design and build a person-powered, corrugated cardboard sled capable of withstanding the descent down the sled hill. How creative can you be using only corrugated cardboard as a building material?
Rules for all sleds:
Safety and fun are our objectives. Competition is secondary. For safety, you have to follow these rules. For fun, you need to follow them with a smile on your face and remember that this is an event organized and ran by volunteers who work very hard to ensure everyone has a safe and fun time.
• Your sled must pass inspection in order to be allowed on the hill.
• Your sled must be free of sharp edges, pointy objects, or any other feature that may be deemed dangerous by the inspectors. If you are unable to remove such objects from your sled, you will not be allowed to race.
• Only corrugated cardboard may be used, held together with tapes & glues.
• Your sled may NOT be wrapped in plastic, tape, shrink wrap, or anything else.
• Absolutely NO use of the following:
- Corrugated plastics or other corrugated materials
- Non-corrugated cardboard such as carpet tubes
- Cardboard that is bonded to other materials
- Epoxy reinforced cardboard
- Tar based substances
- Epoxy glue
- Fiberglass resin
- Two-part varnished or any other two-part substances
- Glues that harden into solids
- Screws of any sort or material, including plastic
- Mechanical fasteners
- Staples, even covered in tape
- Only seams and joints may be taped, not the whole sled
Registration is $200 per team